January 19, 2016
Enovation Partners Welcomes Cleantech Group to Its Growing Network of Capabilities
Deal underscores how advanced technologies and innovative business models have become a strategic priority among energy companies, industrials, and investors.
Chicago, London, and San Francisco. January, 19, 2016 – Enovation Partners, LLC, one of the preeminent advisory services firms in the energy and infrastructure sectors, has acquired Cleantech Group, the leading global network for deploying sustainable innovations in energy and beyond.
Cleantech has moved rapidly from an aspirational set of technologies and business models to a foundation of strategy planning and innovation across industries.
“Since 2002, when it coined ‘cleantech,’ Cleantech Group has been at the forefront of new energy technology commercialization,” said Robert Zabors, CEO and founding director of Enovation Partners. “Its successful efforts to bring together entrepreneurs, investors, and corporate venture groups, through its well know events and its i3 Connect platform, have been instrumental in accelerating cleantech’s drive into the economy.”
“Combining those strengths with Enovation’s strategic advisory capabilities is a natural extension of both group’s missions,” Zabors said.
“Investment in sustainable technologies and the rate of customer adoption continue to progress,” said incoming Cleantech Group CEO Richard Youngman, former managing director of Cleantech Europe and Asia and partner with Enovation in the acquisition. “Together we will offer high-quality services for an international network of entrepreneurs, innovators, investors, energy companies and other industrials.”
The Cleantech Group assets are being acquired by an Enovation Partners, LLC, subsidiary, which will continue Cleantech Group’s brand and identity. The expanded group will maintain offices in Chicago, Boston, London, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC.
About Cleantech Group
Cleantech Group connects sustainable innovation, finance, and corporate support in several ways
- Its events in North America and Europe are the premier intelligence and networking events for corporates, investors, start-ups, and government officials. Cleantech Forum San Francisco 2016 takes place January 25-27. Cleantech Forum Europe 2016 takes place in Lyon, France, April 11-13. The San Francisco Forum will see the release of the group’s annual Global Cleantech 100 and Award Winners – the top private innovation companies in clean technology.
- The group’s online i3 Connect subscription platform allows corporates, venture capitalists, investors, economic development agencies, and universities to find and vet start-ups, list targets, and connect directly with start-up decision makers. Subscribers gain access to proprietary intelligence on 24,000+ companies in (among other areas) energy efficiency, energy storage, smart grid, solar,water, and urban growth.
About Enovation Partners
Established in 2013, Enovation works with electric and gas companies, new ventures, suppliers, investors, and large consumers to drive innovation and growth across energy and related industries. Enovation’s team includes top-tier strategy consultants and former industry executives, energy investors, regulators, and developers.
- Enovation focuses on strategy in the context of the exponential growth of distributed energy and technologies, and the disruptive effects of innovation in renewables and natural gas.
- Its work includes business model innovation, helping to accelerate investment, commercialize new technologies and improve business practices
- In distributed energy resources, Enovation has developed ground-breaking cost-comparison benchmarking for storage technologies and applications, as well as tools to locate DER opportunities and threats for utilities, developers, and large energy users.
- The group also works with natural gas utilities using advanced analytics to reduce risk and environmental impact, and improve productivity in construction, operations, and leak detection.
For more information on the transaction, the role of cleantech in today’s energy economy, Cleantech Group and Enovation Partners, or to speak with Robert Zabors or Richard Youngman…
Director of Communications
Enovation Parters, LLC
Director of Business Development
Cleantech Group, Inc.
Senior Program Manager
Cleantech Group, Inc.